Please make sure you read your EMAIL updates from
ECDC...I send out important information about upcoming events. If you are NOT
getting these email, please contact the ECDC office. Here are some things that
you may have missed:
NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY---PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
ESY: Come join us for a 2, 4 or 6 weeks summer fun session. Each session is only $40, and scholarships are available for qualifying families. There are still spots available and you can access the application by clicking here! This is for current ECDC students only!
Next School Year:
Due to programming changes, there are now additional 4 day, 4 hour slots available. If you are interested in this program, please click here for application or come by and see Miss Lauren in the ECDC office. Please share the application with you family and friends!
Play Group for Students whose first language is not English
Thursday May 11th @ 1:30-2:30pm
This playgroup is co-facilitated by Miss Randi and Ms. Marsha from Self Help CFCE and is designed to help families whose first language is not English feel connected to our ECDC community.
RSVP to Miss Lauren at email@example.com .
Connections for Parents of Children with
Next meeting is May 11th…please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you plan on attending and please share ideas for topics to discuss (K
transition, Summer Ideas, Etc) Please note, Ms. Marsha will NOT be joining us this month!
ECDC Conferences---NO SCHOOL ON THIS DAY
May 19th…please call or visit the main office to schedule an appointment
Kindergarten Transition Activities:
· Kindergarten Information and Tour Nights: This an opportunity for a brief tour of the school and a presentation by the principal and kindergarten team to introduce you to the building, the routines, the curriculum and your child’s school community.
Davis Thayer May 11th - 6:00 PM
Jefferson May 18th - 6:00 PM
Keller May 24th - 6:00 PM
Kennedy May 18th - 6:00 PM
Oak Street May 24th - 6:00 PM
Parmenter May 18th - 5:30 PM
· Playground with the Principal: If your ECDC student is transitioning to kindergarten in the fall, please bring your family to our ECDC playground to meet your child’s new principal and to connect with other families going to your home school!
All Playground Dates start at 3:30 pm: Principals will be available until 4pm, but families are invited to stay longer and play!
June 6th Parmenter
June 8th Oak Street
June 12th Davis Thayer
June 13th Jefferson
June 14th Keller
June 15th Kennedy
· Kindergarten Screening: Kindergarten Screenings will be held at the school where you child will attend kindergarten on June 19th and June 20th. If you DID NOT schedule a screening (or make arrangements with Kelty), then you will receive a letter within the next couple of days from Debbie Dixson, Director of Student Services, with your screening appointment.
· PCC Hosts Staff Appreciation Week (a note from your PCC):
Staff Appreciation week is May 22nd-May 26th. Let's thank our staff for another
great year! We will plan to do something special everyday of that week.
If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, that would also be most welcome. Please make checks payable to "ECDC PCC" and send donations in to the front office (check or cash) by FRIDAY, May 19th.
For food donations, please specify the details of what you are donating in the sign-up so we can be sure there is an assortment. (Example: "Apples & bananas in a bowl" for Fruit).
· Hosting Children’s Art Auction: this week students participated in art projects with will be auctioned off via the ECDC PCC Facebook Page. All money raised will benefit enrichment programming for ECDC.
· Co-sponsoring Barn Babies at ECDC: The PCC, along with a grant from Best Buddies, is hosting Barn Babies for each classroom early in June. Our middle school Best Buddies will be right there with each classroom!
· Last meeting of the school year will be June 7th @ 6:45 here at ECDC…all are welcome to attend. We will be looking for new PCC members and leaders, so please join us even if you just want to learn more!
· PCC Sponsored Family Fun Fair is June 19th and more info to follow!
No School May
No School May
June 16—Last day
of School @ ECDC
June 19—PCC sponsored
Family Fun Fair (in the morning)
Twitter: Follow ECDC on Twitter @FranklinECDC