Dear ECDC Families,
I have gotten some nice feedback from many families about our new blogs! The ECDC professional staffs have been working really hard on mastering the art of blogging, and I ask you to continue to be patient. Learning a new skill is a process and we are still working out the kinks! You can read this post, and see additional updates, on my blog (www.ecdcprincipalpage.blogspot.com)
- Be sure to register for each blog for which you want to receive an update when a new posting happens. For example, register for the ECDC Principal Page,as well as your child’s classroom page and even the Speech Team page.
- After you register, you will get an email, you will have to open that email and click on the included link to confirm your registration and begin to receive updates
- In order to register, please enter your email in the gadget provided on the right hand side of each blog
- Reminders do not come immediately after a post has been made, there could be a delay of a couple of hours, but you will get a reminder if you register
- Be sure to check the spot on the right for new information, each blog is a bit different, but you may find newsletters, flyers, recipes, and even ideas for home in these links
Valentines for Our Seniors Friends!
Although we have not been able to walk up to the Senior Center because of all the snow lately, it has not stopped us from thinking about our Senior Friends. Each of our classrooms participated in our “Make a Valentine” project over the last week, taking time to create beautiful Valentine’s Day cards for our Senior Friends. Since we are not able to get up the hill, several of our parents have agreed to deliver the Valentine’s to our Senior Friends. We are very grateful to our PCC parents, Rene Love and Kimbery Frigon, for organizing the project and delivering for us! We look forward to seeing pictures of our Senior Friends and their special Valentines!
As soon as there is a path from ECDC to the Senior Center, we will begin our visits again!
Preschool Enrollment Reminder
If your child is a tuition paying student, or is on scholarship, please be sure to complete the Current Student Registration form and send it in to Laura Flanagan by February 26th. If your child is on an IEP, placement is a team decision and you NEED NOT complete this form—I am sorry if this has confused anyone! (see the links to the right for more information)
Kindergarten Registration Reminder
Please review the packet that was in your child’s back pack on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. The cover sheet of the packet indicates which items you must return to the ECDC office no later than March 23rd! (see the links to the right for more information)
Don’t Miss Jeanine Fitzgerald on March 2nd from 6:30-8:30 PM!
On March 2nd the ECDC PCC is sponsoring a parent workshop with Ms. Fitzgerald where she will talk to you about many of the same topics we have been addressing as a staff: the importance of interactions, individual child development and readiness, and behavior management. I urge you to consider joining us!
Please email Laura Flanagan firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so that I can be sure to have enough handouts and seating available for all who want to attend!
For more information, Click Here
SAVE THE DATE! MARCH 26, 2015 5:30-7:00 pm
A second Curriculum Open House: An ART SHOW AND EXPO, will be held on March 26th from 5:30-7pm. More information to follow!
Happy Vacation---Office Hours!
I hope that you take time to enjoy your family over this next week. For those of you travelling, I wish you a safe journey and for those staying close to home, I hope you can make the most of all this snow! Preschool will be back in session on Monday, February 23rd.
If you need to drop off payments, Kindergarten Registration or Preschool Enrollment packets, the office will be open over the vacation from 8-3:30, except on Wed when it will be open from 12-3:30. Consider calling ahead to be sure someone here to meet you, 508 541-8166.